Anyways...I just LOVE that I am blessed with such a wonderful, crazy family! It's always an adventure! We do have so much to be thankful for! I am grateful for Dad's willingness to make pit stops along the way, for Gavin's excitement for Woody and Buzz (sidenote- Shouldn't we all be more like little kids! How great are they!?! So excited about everything...Gavin would run from one side of the balcony to the other and would yell "I win!" Or he would lose a game and all he would say was "Oh no!" but that didn't stop him from playing again so he could win.) I'm grateful for the gospel and the opportunity I have to be with my family forever! For the testimony I have been so blessed with! It's just so great!
Monday, November 28, 2011
Thankful
Don't you just LOVE this time of year!!?? I mean what is so wrong with Christmas music, lights, trees, shopping, movies (yes Hallmark and Lifetime movies are a must!) and spending time with family!! I am always so excited to put up the Christmas tree and start making all the Christmas goodies! But don't you love how Thanksgiving is just before the Christmas holiday which helps me, at least, take a step back and really recognize how blessed I am. For Thanksgiving the family (well most of us- sorry Tiff and Kellan! We still love you!) traveled to Denver to visit Zac, Chelsea, and Gavin. It is always so great to see them and is always so hard to leave! I'm sure a couple of tears were shed as we left this morning. Gavin is such a hoot as are Zac and Chels! It just cracks me up to see Gavin running at me yelling "Ada, Ada, Ada!" The first night we got there it was a very calm night. Which was great seeing as how we woke up at 4 that morning to leave. Dad wanted to leave the night before and drive through the night but I vetoed that rather quickly! On Thanksgiving day we went to the park with Gavin seeing as how it was so warm (in the 70s! I seriously was not ready to come back to the cold!). After the park we had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner/lunch! We were all stuffed!!! That night Chelsea and I went shopping!!! Yes...there were TONS of people but we got some amazing deals and I LOVE Denver shopping! It was so great! The next day we convinced the boys to go do a little shopping with us which didn't take much convincing seeing as how Zac and Chels were looking at getting Gavin a "big boy bed". And for the men they knew what that ment- some assembly required. Its a guy thing I guess. The events in the days following included: a tour of a candy factory, food, and more shopping! We went to the BEST mall in downtown Denver while the men went to a hockey game. It was kind of like Gateway in Salt Lake but bigger and reminded me of New York (Not that I have been there but in my dreams that is what is looks like...one day I will go!!)
Anyways...I just LOVE that I am blessed with such a wonderful, crazy family! It's always an adventure! We do have so much to be thankful for! I am grateful for Dad's willingness to make pit stops along the way, for Gavin's excitement for Woody and Buzz (sidenote- Shouldn't we all be more like little kids! How great are they!?! So excited about everything...Gavin would run from one side of the balcony to the other and would yell "I win!" Or he would lose a game and all he would say was "Oh no!" but that didn't stop him from playing again so he could win.) I'm grateful for the gospel and the opportunity I have to be with my family forever! For the testimony I have been so blessed with! It's just so great!
But I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well! I love you all!
Oh and I tried to post pictures but seeing as how it takes forever for them to download I gave up after a day and a half waiting (no joke...they still weren't done when I got home from work today!)
Anyways...I just LOVE that I am blessed with such a wonderful, crazy family! It's always an adventure! We do have so much to be thankful for! I am grateful for Dad's willingness to make pit stops along the way, for Gavin's excitement for Woody and Buzz (sidenote- Shouldn't we all be more like little kids! How great are they!?! So excited about everything...Gavin would run from one side of the balcony to the other and would yell "I win!" Or he would lose a game and all he would say was "Oh no!" but that didn't stop him from playing again so he could win.) I'm grateful for the gospel and the opportunity I have to be with my family forever! For the testimony I have been so blessed with! It's just so great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment