Thursday, September 16, 2010
Trials and the Temple
So as I was typing the title for this blog post I thought that would make a great church movie. You know like Baptists at the Barbeque or something. Anyways...I wanted to post about all of this two days ago but our internet has been down. So here it is now....the past week for me has been hard. I cannot tell a lie...when I say it has been hard I mean it has been horrible. Different trials for me have surfaced and they have truly been testing me. I have realized how much trials can change us for the better or how we can become worse from them also. I mean its our choice what they do to us. We can either be bitter about what has happened or we can grow from them. At first I wanted to be bitter...again I cannot tell a lie....it was hard for me to focus on what was truly important. Should I just be angry at Heavenly Father for letting this happen or can I remember that everything happens for a reason and learn everything I can for these experiences. Well here is me not telling a lie again...I was angry. I thought okay I am doing what I should be doing, why is it not going my way? The more I thought about it and the wonderful fathers blessing I was given (Thanks Dad! It was amazing in so many ways!) it helped me realize that okay I am doing what I am supposed to be doing but there is always more to be done. We are never just done growing and gaining that relationship with our Heavenly Father. So after that thought I said I need to go to the temple and figure things out. The closer I am to Him the more I can realize what I need to learn from these experiences. Last Saturday I went to the temple after work with a dear dear friend of mine, Kara Kopp. (Side note- I pretty much have the most amazing family and friends any one could ask for! It's such a blessing to find support from them!) So we went and did baptisms and then went and sat in the chapel. (Another side note I just LOVE the temple workers! I just sat there and cried the entire time we were in the temple and they were just AMAZING! Tissue after tissue and all the smiles were just great!) So as we were sitting in the chapel Kara reached over and grabbed my scriptures and opened to D&C 98:1-3. If you haven't read those scriptures do it NOW! I will pause for a second so you can do so.......................................okay, so I'm sure as you read them you probably felt something similar to what I did. It was so comforting and wonderful in so many ways! Then yesterday I went to the temple again mostly because I was feeling down and couldn't stand just sitting at home thinking about everything. I went bright and early and was the only one there when I arrived. All the workers were so excited to see someone and it was probably one of the best experiences of my life. I did the confirmations and then went into the baptistry and they did the names there but asked if I would do more. Now I mean how can you say no to that! I mean if you can you have no heart! It was AMAZING! Its just so great to do that work for those who can't do it for themselves and more so during a time when we are going through trials. I am a true believer in service during trials. It totally helps you see that life isn't so bad! I guess the moral of this story (which is still continuing) is even though our trials may seem hard and they are hard don't get me wrong....we need to remember why we are here. It is to go through trials and learn from them (even if we don't know what it is we are supposed to learn. Right, mom and dad?). I mean yes life is tough but won't it all be worth it in the end. Even before we came we knew we were going to go through certain things and even then we said yes. I mean I agreed to this a long time ago so Amanda just suck it up and learn from it! It may be hard but at least I am not doing it alone! AMEN! Okay sorry...that was kind of long but thats what happened. Well I love you all! Remember the CHURCH IS TRUE! :)
So this picture hangs in my bedroom...pretty much I just LOVE It!!! That is all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Pretty much, you're amazing, and you know I love you more then anything!
ReplyDeleteAll that you need to know is that Heavenly Father loves you and your family loves you very much. We miss you and wish we could be there to help you through everything. I promise that one day you WILL look back and be thankful for this, BELIEVE ME! It doesn't feel like it right now but it will happen.
ReplyDeleteSo that was pretty much amazing, thanks so much for sharing! I especially loved the scripture. I will definitely have to remember that one for the hard times. You are wonderful :) Miss you and love ya lots!
ReplyDeleteSo Amanda, I will share with you something my dad (your Grandpa) said to me when I was going through a really hard time in my life. He said "Lose yourself in service to others." At the time I was not to sure about his advice. I thought How can I serve others when I am so miserable, but he promised if I would try it that my problems wouldn't seem so bad and that they would be put in proper perspective in my life. I didn't need to let them consume my life. It sounds to me like you learned the same lesson in the temple your Grandparents loved so much! It's true! ...you can lose yourself and your problems don't seem as bad when you serve others. Love ya!
ReplyDelete